Tuesday, December 16, 2008

From Grace I learn

Here is my little angel Grace, posing just before her ballet recital.  Precious, yes?  This precious one just made me think.

Grace was cuddled up on the couch and asked me to bring her her water bottle from her room.  I was in the kitchen at the time and said, "You can get it."
Grace said, "How come you always say that?  You can get it."
Me, "Because you can get it and usually I'm doing other things.  Why do I need to get it for you?"
Grace, "Because it's the nice thing to do and God wants us to do nice things for each other."
Me, "Yes, he does.  Here you go."

Whew.  From a four year old.  One might think she was  being manipulative, but she's not.  She's Grace, with lots of love in her heart, and some leftover even.

Isn't it amazing when we can learn the most simple, and often most important lessons, from our children?

No comments: