Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happiness

Five Simple Rules For Happiness:

1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3. Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less.



Whew.  If we could do all of the above, what a glorious world we would have!

Here is my challenge.  
Take one rule.  Any one.  Think about it, meditate if you will, pray about it and ponder the possibilities of making this a reality.  Try to see how this will help you create a better life.  Create your own happiness.

And then pick another rule.  And another one.  And another one.  And don't forget the last one.  Possibly the hardest rule to live by, especially if you put it off for so long.

Not an easy challenge.  It could easily take a lifetime to meet.  And would be well worth it.  Make it happen one rule at a time.  One day at a time.  Create your own happiness.

3 comments:

Kalamazoo Mom of 2 said...

Great post (although I have rule #6 - "DRINK MORE" .... that's okay, right?)

Kidding.

You've ALMOST inspired me to write my latest post .... I'll get there ....

Lovies :)

margodukes said...

There are days where rule #6 will surely play in.

No doubt there are days with rule #7 "Don't kill the kids" will apply as well.

Kalamazoo Mom of 2 said...

Today ... I applied Rules 6 AND 7 ...

That doesn't make me a bad person ... right??????