Tuesday, November 4, 2008

New Toys Rule!





It has been years since I've had a new bike.  Ten, to be exact.  Not that big a deal, unless you absolutely LOVE to go mountain biking and really use your bike to it's greatest potential.  Needless to say, it was time for a new bike.

Enter, man of my dreams.  Fortunately he is also my husband, father of our children, and my own personal bike and ski tech.  I married well.  This summer he determined that his work bonus would be dedicated to a new bike, for me!  Like I said, I married well.

So, on our anniversary we had the day to play and took a trip to Boulder for a mtn bike ride and to visit Walt.  Walt builds bicycles.  Walt builds really nice bicycles.  He measured me, asked a few questions and off we went.  Road the rest of the summer on my old bike and each ride seemed to be louder and creakier then before.  Funny how that happens.


A couple months later (because Walt likes to ride and play as much as the next cyclist) my hubbie comes home with the most gorgeous bike!  Or, as Walt termed it, "girlie".  It's true.  And I couldn't be happier.  I left ALL bike details up to hubbie.  

He did good, real good.  Thanks babe.


 

No comments: